All new Toyota and Lexus models sold in South Africa now come standard with in-car Wi-Fi and 15GB OF FREE DATA – and this is what it means for you..
THE KEY INFO
All Toyota vehicles can now be connected to the MyToyota app on your smartphone, giving you more control over your driving experience, and opening up a new world of personalised offerings and customisable features, so that you can:
• Connect to Wi-Fi;
• Check your battery health;
• Get real-time roadside assistance;
• Manage your services;
• Always know your vehicle’s GPS location;
• Have access to a digital logbook;
• Monitor your fleet;
• Receive a driver rating; and more.
This results in benefits in three main areas:
Free data You get 15GB of free data as a once-off upon activation. Thereafter, you can top up using Toyota Connect or your banking app.
Servicing Service Booking reminds you when your vehicle is due for servicing – and you can book it in via the app.
Logbook This facility automatically saves a digital log of your vehicle’s mileage and service history for tax-submission purposes, including auto-allocation for work and home, as well as business and personal trips.
GPS locator For added peace of mind, this enables you to find your vehicle easily and get a view of your trips.
Roadside Assistance with impact detection
If you’re involved in an accident, you’ll get real-time support with 24/7 access to the AA.
Battery Health Check This reflects the current status of your vehicle’s battery health.
Driver Score This feature encourages safer driving, enabling you to review your driver rating, and keep track of your score and overall driving behaviour.
AND THERE’S MORE ON THE WAY!
Soon, additional benefits such as licence renewal will allow Toyota Connect users to renew their licence disc via the technology and have it delivered to the address of their choice. Toyota Connect partners are also working on expanding benefits for fleet and small-business owners, as well as car rental support.
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR TOYOTA
When you take delivery of your new Toyota:
• Download the MyToyota app to your smartphone (via Google Play or Apple App Store).
• Register and link your new vehicle.
• Get services such as Logbook, Battery Health Check and the GPS locator.
HOW TO CONNECT TO Wi-Fi
• Go to the Connect section on the MyToyota app. (This will be visible if your vehicle is fitted with a Connected device).
• Opt in.
• Upload a copy of your ID for KYC (regulatory) purposes.